I turned on my flaptop at 9am this morning and had a very happy surprise waiting for me!
EM from Silver Stitches nominated me for the Very Inspiring Blogger/One Lovely Blogger award!!! I naturally had a peruse around her blog and can see why she was nominated. There is some great inspiration (check out her latest post about loving your mornings), yummy recipes and a fantastic lavender lace garter belt! Oooo la la! Check it out for sure.
I can say with all the honesty in my heart that I am touched by this. Just knowing that someone out there finds my writing inspirational is humbling to me. And confirms a few things in my heart and in my mind.
So, thank you EM for the nomination…you certainly make a positive impact in my life Isn’t our little community awesome!?
BUT! First, the rules of this lovely award.
1. Thank the person who nominated you (check!)
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post.
3. Share 7 things about yourself.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees.
5. Include this set of rules.
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs.
Seven things about myself, eh? Hmmmmmmmmmmm….
1) When I was 12 I made a ‘dressmaker’s dummy’ out of coat hangers and paper mache in my attic. I twisted the coat hangers to make horizontal slices of myself at various points (bust, waist, hips etc) and then connected them all with more hangers. I then coated the whole thing with paper mache and hung it from the ceiling. The unfortunate thing was my mom ‘bumped’ into this live sized clone of her daughter hanging from the ceiling while she was looking for something in the attic. I’m seriously surprised she didn’t keel over right there and then, but there was quite a horrific shriek!!! So yeah, sewist from the womb pretty much
2) I’m married to the most wonderful and supportive man in the world who wants nothing but to see me happy. I met him in Canada and he is Australian – funny how things work sometimes, eh?
3) I’m from Canada, but now call Perth home and am very happy in Australia!
4) I have a PhD in Plant Molecular Biology
5) I love gardening and preserving/canning.
6) My vehicle is an electric bike named “Via” and I love her.
7) I’m a musician and love to play piano and sing (with the occasional lip sinc into the pepper grinder when Belinda Carlisle mysteriously surfaces on my MP3 player…but don’t tell anyone, k?)
I don’t have to think too hard about this. I’m nominating the lovely ladies who first inspired me when I started the Couture Academic back way back when. What has inspired me most is their creativity, sense of adventure, passion for their craft, commitment to sharing by posting super regularly but most of all their kind spirits. These are ladies who welcomed me into the blogging community with their regular comments and words of encouragement. So, thank you ladies. You’ve certainly inspired me and continue to do so with every post. Keep it up. EM nominated 3, so I’m continuing the tradition.
Relax and Enjoy,